Thursday, February 21, 2008

Failure.


I noticed the Cinciditarod (Cincinnati's Urban Iditarod) promoted on a local blog and thought I would do it with some of the kids I'm mentoring in a community service project. Problem. Have to be 21 and older.

Tried recruiting some colleagues from the building in which I teach. Nope. Stuff going on.

And with about 2 hours left to register I ran out of options when my wing man said, 'sounds kind of goofy' implying he was probably not in.


Failure.


Next year, I'm in that race. I may even swing by this year to check it out to prepare myself for a victory next year.


2 comments:

all cars said...

Your wing man also said that if you get four and need him as the fifth, he'd do it.

Anonymous said...

According to the link you provided, you still have time:

"Announcement 2/22/08 10 am: Due to the weather and people not having access to fax machines late yesterday, we will continue to accept team registrations until Monday 2/25 at 5:00 pm. We do have enough teams to go forward with the event, so if you haven't signed up yet, bring it on!"

Don't give up yet!