Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Ohio River Road Runners Club


I travelled up 71 a little today and ended up in Xenia. Ever been up there? Small town in the middle of cornfields in the highway triangle between Dayton, Cincinnati, and Columbus. I was up there for a marathon, and no, I definitely did not run in it. My longest race was only a 10k, about 20 miles short of a marathon. I was actually there to run a booth to do some advertising at the race.


The person I worked with was Terry Murray, who is listed as the club's treasurer, but seemed to be the race coordinator today. He ran a very efficient racing event today. The Xenia YMCA was the site for the start and finish for the 42nd Annual ORRRC Marathon and 20th Annual ORRRC Half Marathon. It was a smaller race with approximately 600 runners pre-registered. The volunteers were friendly and the weather was perfect (although I heard the marathoners had a bit of a struggle with the wind once they got into the countryside and very little windbreak).

The ORRC is a Dayton area runners club. Check out their website for race listings, a calendar of events, and to learn a little more about them. I was happy to be associated with the ORRRC today.

No comments: