Monday, July 30, 2007

Over-the-Rhine


Well, from what I understand, since having a solid connection between Clifton, Over-the-Rhine, and Downtown Cincinnati is a key ingredient to revitalization of Cincinnati's downtown, I figure OTR is a good topic for Cincinnati Now's first post.
Such a neat area... full of history, wonderful architecture, and...
What else does this area have to offer? Art? Food? I think this section of downtown Cincinnati has a few neat pieces that will contribute to an overall downtown experience. Obviously safety concerns keep most people away, as does lack of knowledge of what is offered here.
Education and safety are vital for this revitalization movement.
I used to drive around this area a lot when I was in high school, shooting photos for class, but I wouldn't do it now. I think I had very little awareness of crime and safety during my "invincible years," and now maybe I'm a bit paranoid.

No comments: